Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gourmet Chili

Go down

Gourmet Chili  Empty Gourmet Chili

Post  Steve Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Gourmet Chili

Step back in time.

This is one of my favorite hometown restaurants. I have ate there as a kid, sometimes 1-2 times a week with my family, friends or by myself. The gyro is lamb meat staked on top of a pita bread, with cheese, tomato and cucumber dressing. A different take on the gyro so good, you can't eat the gyro closed. The wildcat burger is named after the town school mascot. If you may not be a chili cheese fries person, the fries are good whether they be with a burger or a sandwich.

Gourmet chili is locally owned by a Greek family, in which the two brothers are the chiefs. The grill was turned over to them after their father, Steve passed away. It was common to see the mom & pop with the kids working the shop years ago. The staff are friendly. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stop in to see what their specials are. If you want a cup of coffee after bar closing time, they are open. Dont have time, just call ahead for carry out.

843 Monmouth St, Newport, KY
(859) 491-9022

Steve

Back to top Go down