Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11

4 posters

Go down

Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11 Empty Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11

Post  Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:35 pm

A lady was roobed at gun point by two black males 1-29-11. They told her to give them her money and cell phone. She gave them the money she had and told them she didn't have a cell phone. One of the guys told her to lay on the ground so he could check. He told her if he found a phone after she said she didn't have one he was going to shoot her. This happen in the middle of the day with car traffic driving by watching.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://newport.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11 Empty Re: Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11

Post  debjeans Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:18 pm

This wouldnt surprise me coming from newport but it seems a little far fetched with the witness sitting in the car. did they call the cops?

debjeans

Back to top Go down

Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11 Empty Re: Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11

Post  Info Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 am

The cops were called and it was reported. They brought the K9 in but they had to cut it short because another robbery was called in with the same MO. Not sure if it was the same 2 guys but it sounds like it. I have not heard anything else about this other than 2 blacks wearing ski mask and dark clothes. The muggers are using the cold weather to be able to walk right up on people wearing mask. It happen on 9th st. next to the alley between Park and Monroe on the south side of the street.

Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Smith Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:50 am

The crime actually happened at night in the dark. Not in broad daylight. The criminals actually followed the female from Cincinnati and did commit another robbery. They were caught the next day doing the same thing in Bellevue by Newport. Newport Police do a great job at keeping the city safe. Every city across the nation has a crime problem, even Ft Thomas has been dealing with a crime surge. Sorry to hear about the victim. If people would quit being retards, and start calling the police instead of saying I dont want to get involved then more crimes will be solved.

Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Glad to see they got cought. If it was at night then people driving by may not have been able to see what was going on.

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Smith wrote:The crime actually happened at night in the dark. Not in broad daylight. The criminals actually followed the female from Cincinnati and did commit another robbery. They were caught the next day doing the same thing in Bellevue by Newport. Newport Police do a great job at keeping the city safe. If people would quit being retards, and start calling the police instead of saying I dont want to get involved then more crimes will be solved.
I'm not sure 100% on the facts but was just reporting what I was told. If it happened at night I'm hoping people driving by just didn't notice as to campared to not caring enough to call.
Another note is about this thread.(Crime) I didn't put this on the forum to belittle the city or any efforts put out by Newport Police Dept. Mainly to inform people of issues we have and to be able to post problems so if the Police didn't catch someone at least others would know to be carefull or someone may have information that may lead to an arrest of the crime. I Also think Newport Police do a great job with what they have to work with. As you said people need to get involved and help out. If someone see's something going on that is not right then call the police.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://newport.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Held up at gun point 9th and Monroe St. 1-29-11 Empty crime

Post  against Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah the police had to respond to another crime at gun point 7th & Saratoga St. The garage a cross the Street from Princes Store was robbed by Gerald Evens & Leslie King AKA Oscar King They are in Newport jail. I heard there was more then them but they taking full wrap for it.

against

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for the info.
Seems the the police are doing their jobs. We just need the judges and D/A to do theirs. Stop putting time on the shelf, stop plea bargains and probation. Lock these people up for the full time allowed.
I'm all for second chances but 99% of these people are habitual criminals. Plea bargaining, rats that will do and say anything to stay out of jail. It's nice to catch a big fish using a minnow but sometimes that small fish is more corrupt to the city than the big one. Lock them up!

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum